Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to pinch pennies, and Howard's got exactly what you need. Pick up a pack or two of chicken thighs to make our Teriyaki Chicken Thighs. The only thing this recipe doesn't cut corners on is taste! Our homemade teriyaki marinate is the key to a dinner your family, and your wallet, will appreciate every time it hits the table.
What You'll Need
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
What to Do
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and add to chicken. Seal bag, gently shake to coat, and marinate in refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on grill or grill pan and cook for 10 minutes per side, or until no pink remains, basting often with the marinade, but only up until the last five minutes of cooking (see note).
For Safety Sake:
- Did you know that you should never baste foods with a marinade that has come in contact with raw poultry, meat, or seafood during the last 5 minutes of cooking, unless you boil it for a minimum of 3 minutes. This will prevent the potential of any cross contamination. Always better to play it safe.
- For more fantastic chicken recipes, try our Cheesy Stuffed Herb Chicken, our Buttermilk Fried Chicken, or our BBQ Spatchcock Chicken!
- We love our slow cooker! That's why we're sharing these Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!