Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!
What You'll Need:
- 8 large chicken thighs, skinned if desired (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
What To Do:
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic storage bag. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and add to chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for about 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- With grill lid open, cook chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no pink remains, basting often with the marinade, but only up until the last five minutes of cooking (see Notes).
- For safety when using marinades, never consume a marinade that has come in contact with raw poultry, meat, or seafood, nor let it come in contact with cooked food unless the marinade has been brought to a boil and boiled for at least 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- This becomes a real eye-popper garnished with sliced scallions and lime wedges.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?