BBQ Spatchcock Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking to get trendy at dinnertime? Make our BBQ Spatchcock Chicken! It's as easy as one, two, three, and the juicy results are to die for! This method of cooking cuts down the time your bird has to spend in the oven; that's why it's our new favorite way to roast chicken, and foodies around the United States agree.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Garlic powder for sprinkling
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place roasting rack on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, peach preserves, and onion; mix well; reserve 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Place chicken breast side down on a cutting board. With a pair of poultry shears or a sharp knife, cut along both sides of the back bone, and remove the back bone. Flip chicken so that it is breast side up, and press firmly down in the chicken's center to crack the breast bone; this will allow the chicken to lay completely flat. Transfer chicken, breast side up, to a roasting rack.
- Spread butter evenly over the entire surface of the chicken. Sprinkle evenly with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast chicken 45 minutes, then brush with half the barbecue sauce mixture and continue roasting 10 minutes. Brush with remaining barbecue sauce mixture and cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until no longer pink in center. Serve with reserved barbecue sauce mixture.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!