Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup and 1 dumpling
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
We've got a hot, hearty, guilt-free way to enjoy your favorite Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings recipe! The flavors in this diabetic-friendly chicken recipe make it our first choice when we need something comforting, that's also a healthier option. Get ready for this classically delicious dinner that's packed with tons of taste, but none of the guilt!
What You'll Need
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit baking mix
- 5 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
What to Do
- Coat a soup pot with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add celery and carrots; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make dumpling batter by mixing together biscuit baking mix, milk, and dill until well combined. Drop 6 equal spoonfuls of dumpling batter into boiling mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes; cover and cook an additional 8 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- The key to plump dumplings is covering them for the second part of their cooking time, since the steam plumps them up. Also, this infuses the dumplings with all the flavors from the broth, so that every bite is delicious.
- For another yummy way to do chicken, try our Easy Chicken Pot Pie or one of our Easy Weeknight Chicken Dinners.
- When it comes to good, old-fashioned comfort food recipes we've got what you need! Our Comfort Food Recipes are sure to be delicious.
- Looking for something warm and gooey? How about cheesy? Give our Best Mac and Cheese Recipes a try.
- Remember to pick up our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
When it comes to comfort food recipes, we've got what you need!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 206
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 316mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!