Fire Station Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all heard that firefighters are known for their talents in the fire station kitchen, so we're sharing a hot idea for a hearty beefy chili recipe that'll get you all fired up. Don't be alarmed...it's simple!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
What To Do:
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Add ground beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
For a spicy kick, add 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce to the other ingredients.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!