We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty country chili is so loaded with flavor it'll be in your starting lineup for football season and any time of the year, really. Kick off the Fall season with a bowl of this Hillbilly Chili and you'll be saying, "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 8 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute onions 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings, like Cheddar cheese and sour cream!
- Freezer Instructions: Follow recipe above. Allow chili to cool, then place in freezer safe container, and freeze. When ready to eat, move chili to fridge to thaw for 24 hours in advance. Reheat over medium heat in a saucpan on the stove. Serve and enjoy!
- Around here we just love all kinds of chili. Give our Vegetable Chili a try -- it's so hearty and delicious, you won't miss the meat!
- Plus, check out more easy chili recipes in our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're planning on serving up a fresh green salad, why not top it off with some fresh homemade salad dressing? Our Country Buttermilk Dressing is made with a variety of fresh herbs and delivers a rich and creamy taste that's much better than any store-bought bottled kind!