Southwest Veggie Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This vegetarian chili recipe is so hearty, no one will miss the meat. And our Southwest Veggie Chili offers so many of the Tex-Mex flavors we love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
What To Do:
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes, salsa, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Enjoy this topped with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and scallions.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- 6 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- BBQ One-Pot Chili
- Cafeteria-Style Chili
- Deck the Halls Chili
- Secret Recipe Chili
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Hillbilly Chili
- Easy Chili Recipes: Top 4 Slow Cooker Chili Recipes
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake