Black and White Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 Cookies
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either black and white or half moon cookies. No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, 'cause each cookie has both. This Black and White Cookies recipe is one that you won't want to miss!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18-ounce) package white cake mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
Many different bakeries around the United States make their own version of these frosted cookies made popular in the state of New York. In New York City, they're known as Black and White Cookies, while to the rest of the state they are called Half Moon Cookies. And while the exact origins of this recipe can be debated one thing is for sure, Black and White Cookies are a bakery-favorite! Did you know that some versions of this treat are made with a chocolate cookie? That’s right, and there are even some bakeries that sell the cookies with just one of the flavors of frosting on top. No matter if you call ‘em Black and White Cookies or Half Moon Cookies, we know that our version will have you sayin’, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!®" What do you call these cookies? Let us know in the comments below!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 303
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 242mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!