We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cheese in cookies...? It sounds crazy, but wait till you try these. They're perfect for an easy appetizer or dessert cookie.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (1 pound) coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with your hands, rub together the butter, flour, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper until smooth and creamy. Add the cheese and knead on a piece of waxed paper for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Divide the dough in half. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut with a 2-inch round cookie cutter and sprinkle the cookies generously with sugar. Reroll the dough scraps and repeat. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden.
- Remove at once to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 7 dozen wafers.
Try using Monterey Jack, Swiss, or any other semi-firm cheese. It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!