Chocolate Potato Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 54 (about 4 1/2 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Mashed potatoes in cookies?! Unbelievable?! Sshhh, let's keep the secret to these can't-get-enough-of-'em Chocolate Potato Cookies until everybody tastes 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup nonpareil candies
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract, mixing well. Add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes, beating until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to brown sugar mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Remove cookies from oven and wait 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool slightly. Frost warm cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
Use only real mashed potatoes in this recipe.
Wanna try another cookie recipe with a secret ingredient? Then try our Chocolate Mint Surprise Cookies!
- Plus, we've got cookies galore in our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Calories 104
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 4.9mg 2 %
- Sodium 68mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %