We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These deliciously chewy Cowboy Cookies were shared with us by Jean, from Hadley, Pennsylvania who originally got this recipe from a woman in her Sunday school class. Wash them down with a tall glass of milk and you're in business!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 217
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 115mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!