We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 cookies
- 35 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Need a star entry for your holiday cookie platter? Add some holiday cookie cheer with our Holly Crackles. They're bite-sized wreath-shaped cookies that look as good as they taste - and they always disappear in a flash.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 teaspoon green food color (or more, if desired)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
What to Do
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter and marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in food color and vanilla. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper; decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
- You can make these as an Easter or springtime treat, too. Use pastel food color and jelly beans and call them Birds' Nests!
- We love gifting this homemade candy during the holidays! For even more Christmas candy recipes be sure to download our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts! Or if you're looking for some holiday cookie recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!