We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 cookies
- 35 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Need a star entry for your holiday cookie platter? Add some holiday cookie cheer with our Holly Crackles. They're bite-sized wreath-shaped cookies that look as good as they taste - and they always disappear in a flash.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 teaspoon green food color (or more, if desired)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
What to Do
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter and marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in food color and vanilla. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper; decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
- You can make these as an Easter or springtime treat, too. Use pastel food color and jelly beans and call them Birds' Nests!
- We love gifting this homemade candy during the holidays! For even more Christmas candy recipes be sure to download our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts! Or if you're looking for some holiday cookie recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.