Italian Honey Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A delectable dessert, these Italian Honey Balls are finger-lickin' good. Bake these for the holidays and you'll be the life of the party! These honey-drenched balls of dough are hard to keep away from!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water, oil, and salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in flour, beating with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended and smooth.
- Using a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, form mixture into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden; set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue boiling until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then combine baked balls and honey mixture in a medium-sized bowl until balls are completely coated.
- Pile balls into a mound on a serving platter. Do not refrigerate.
You can make this really festive by garnishing it with candied cherries, almond or even multicolored Jordan almonds (candy-coated almonds, also called "wedding confetti").
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!