We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Although rum has strong roots in the Caribbean, it has long been a part of Southern drinks, as well as desserts. Rum balls are a perfect, tasty example of why!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (11-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and pecans; mix well. Stir in the corn syrup and rum until thoroughly combined.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Roll cookie mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar until completely coated.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
These tend to absorb most of the confectioners' sugar after coating, so be sure to coat them very heavily; you might even want to roll them in additional sugar just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!