Anchovy Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 5 Min
We know you're thinking: "Anchovies in potato salad?!" Yup - they add a little wow to each forkful.
What You'll Need:
- 6 red-skinned potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovy fillets, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Place potatoes and salt in a large soup pot and fill with just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 5 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain potatoes then place them in a large bowl of ice water to cool immediately; drain again.
Place potatoes in large bowl and add remaining ingredients; toss until potatoes are well coated. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
For a more colorful salad, sometimes we use 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper and 1/2 of a green bell pepper instead of just a whole green one.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Macaroni Salad: 14 Simple Macaroni Salad Recipes
- Basic Macaroni Salad
- Country Coleslaw
- Vinegar Slaw
- Southern Slaw
- Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad
- Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More
- "German" Coleslaw
- Our 10 Best Coleslaw Recipes
- 56 Divine Deli Salad Recipes