Asian Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Water chestnuts, soy sauce, and ginger add an Asian flair to this East-meets-West recipe for Asian Potato Salad. It's a unique flavor twist on a potluck-favorite side dish!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds small red potatoes (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes, stir in the mayonnaise mixture, and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Want an even more hearty taste? Make this with baked potatoes rather than boiling red ones -- the choice is yours.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 196
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 7.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 991mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %