Beet and Bean Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pickled beets play a starring role in this hearty salad that will add novelty to your side-dish routine. Colorful veggies are known to be antioxidant-rich, so enjoy the tasty rainbow in every nutritious bite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced pickled beets, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package Italian blend salad mix
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or cokked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the drained beets and beans, the salad mix, celery, and onion; mix gently but thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat over medium heat until warmed through but not boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour pesto dressing over salad mixture; mix gently but thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Microwave Directions: In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat on High 1 minute, or until warm, stirring once during heating.
Recipe courtesy of Seneca Foods Corporation
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!