We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Good old-fashioned coleslaw is great any time of the year and goes along with almost any dish. When we're craving a creamy, mayonnaise-based coleslaw we make our Country Coleslaw recipe. It's an easy coleslaw recipe that the whole gang'll love!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (see Note)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced green bell pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add cabbage, carrots, and green pepper; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- A small head of cabbage yields about 8 cups. You can find pre-shredded cabbage at your market, but it's simple and budget-friendly to do it yourself!
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- If you enjoyed this coleslaw recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes and 35 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 132
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 9.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 516mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.