Crunchy Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
You'll be cool as a cucumber when you bring this one to the table! This Crunchy Cucumber Salad features extra-crispy cukes and bell peppers, making it a light 'n' tasty go-along for any springtime occasion.
What You'll Need
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups ice water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, salt, and ice water. Cover and chill 1 hour, then drain and return cucumbers to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Check This Out!
- We like to peel the cucumbers for this salad, but you can also use them unpeeled or run a fork across the peels before slicing to give them a ridged look.
- Have a whole lot of cucumbers on hand? Why not use some of them to make our Half Sour Dill Pickles?
- For more wonderful cucumber recipes, make our Cucumber Ranch Bites or our Spring Radish Salad.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!