We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In just minutes, you can mix and cook up the tastes of the Mediterranean in your very own omelet! What could be a better breakfast or light lunch or dinner than this flavorful blend of eggs, feta cheese, spinach and kalamata olives?
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and water and beat lightly with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat; add spinach and saute 30 to 60 seconds, or until lightly wilted. Remove spinach from skillet; set aside.
- Melt remaining teaspoon of butter in skillet; add eggs and allow to set up for 1 to 2 minutes. Place cooked spinach on one side of omelet, sprinkle with olives and feta cheese then fold omelet in half and serve.
- Eggs are an all-natural, high-quality protein food that provides 13 essential vitamins and minerals for just 70 calories. The high-quality protein in eggs helps you stay satisfied throughout the day, which can help with weight loss, and provides the energy you need to get through busy days.
- Eggs are one of the most affordable sources of high-quality protein you can buy. At an average price of just 15 cents per egg, eggs deliver a nutrient bang for your calorie buck, providing a number of important nutrients for only 70 calories per egg.
- To maintain freshness and practice smart food safety, cook any dishes containing eggs to 160 degrees F. and ensure that the yolk and white are both firm.
- Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast - check out How to Start Your Day Out Right: 11 Healthy Breakfast Recipes today!