Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A healthy egg breakfast is just minutes away, when we use our microwave to speed up the cooking. This hearty Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble is sure to have your whole gang scrambling out of bed.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon black bean and corn salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Add hash browns and microwave on high 1 minute.
Add egg and water; beat until blended. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Top with salsa and cheese and serve immediately.
- Microwave ovens vary, so adjust your cooking time as needed.
- Our Test Kitchen used ready-made refrigerated black bean and corn salsa; which is available in most markets. Of course, this recipe tastes great with any salsa or even without!
- Want another quick and delicious breakfast idea? Try our Egg, Canadian Bacon, and Cheese Muffin.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.