We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 egg, 3/4 cup veggie mixture
- COOK TIME
- 22 Min
Don't let the name scare ya! Shakshuka is basically eggs, cooked in a flavor-packed, chunky tomato sauce. Our Simple Shakshuka is inspired by the dish that originated in North Africa, and that's now popular all over the world. Just wait until you taste how great it is!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in feta cheese and cilantro.
- Using a spoon, make 5 indentations in tomato mixture and crack 1 egg into each. Cook 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
We suggest serving this flavor-packed dish with pita wedges, so you can mop up the tasty sauce!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!