Tangy Pickled Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
These are a real Southern specialty, and if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few simple steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!
What You'll Need
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to cover them; bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 20 minutes. Drain hot water then run cold water over eggs. Let eggs cool 5 to 10 minutes, then peel. Place in a large canning jar or bowl and set aside.
- In large saucepan over high heat, combine remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Allow to cool slightly then carefully pour mixture over eggs. Cover and chill overnight before serving.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Covered tightly, these should keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- To make these Amish-style, add 1/2 cup beet juice in place of the 1/2 cup water called for in the recipe. You can also add some sliced or whole canned beets if you want!
- We've got more Southern recipes for you! Like these Sensational Southern Casserole Recipes we know you'll love.
- If you enjoy old-fashioned recipes, like our Tangy Pickled Eggs, then you're going to love this collection of Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes, Dessert Recipes, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.