Fancy Fast Catfish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This holiday season, why not try something new that everyone will love? Yes, we’re talking about serving U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish along with your traditional favorites. Team it up with roast beef and you have the best Surf & Turf ever; next to a spiral cut ham and it’s a welcoming lighter option that’ll be the talk of the meal. And with it being so available and priced right, you can’t miss.
What You'll Need
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Onion powder for sprinkling
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups crushed herb-seasoned classic stuffing mix
- Dried rubbed sage for sprinkling
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place catfish fillets on baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with onion powder. Top each fillet with 2 pieces of Swiss cheese and sliced mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, wine or broth, pimientos, and parsley; pour over fish. Sprinkle stuffing mix over the top and lightly sprinkle with sage. Drizzle butter over the stuffing.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fish is cooked through in center and flakes easily with a fork.
Test Kitchen Tip:
We love fried catfish, but this holiday, shake things up a bit by trying your catfish topped with chunked crab meat and hollandaise sauce, to make it Oscar style. Or include it as part of the feast of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!