Fried Catfish Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
Can you spell D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S? These babies are just that! These Fried Catfish Sandwiches are crispy, yummy knock outs. It'll be love at first bite!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil
- 4 onion sandwich buns, split and toasted
What To Do:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Dredge fish in mixture, coating well.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 3 inches; heat to 370 to 375 degrees F. Fry fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on sandwich buns with cocktail sauce, lettuce, and, if desired, tomato slices.
- A good indicator to determine if the oil is hot enough is to sprinkle some cornmeal in the pan. If it sizzles immediately, you're ready to fry!
- To kick the catfish sandwiches up a notch, serve with cocktail or tartar sauce and a slice of tomato with lettuce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!