Heart Healthy Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Salmon is high in heart-healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, plus lycopene-rich tomatoes give this dish a Mediterranean flair and an extra boost of goodness. This heart-healthy fish dish is the perfect choice for a nutritious, quick and easy weeknight meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced green salad olives (optional)
- 4 salmon fillets
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray then coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, cumin, and cinnamon; mix well. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in olives, if desired.
- Place fish in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!