Hearty Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fish chowder is a simple yet satisfying throw-together dish for when you're tired of serving fish the same old way. Just pick your favorite white-fleshed fish fillets (or whatever's on sale!) for teaming with other ingredients you probably have on hand.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (29-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets (such as cod or haddock), cut into 2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, and parsley, and saute for about 8 minutes, until softened. Add the tomato sauce, wine, broth, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Add a crusty French bread, a green salad, and some cheese and you've got a complete change-of-pace meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!