Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fish dinner is full of lip-smackin' goodness! From the crunchy, saltine cracker-coating to the amazing lemon-butter sauce, and the flaky, mild fish, every bite is sure to deliver lots of "yum!" Give our recipe for Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets a try - it'll only take you 15 minutes to make!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed (about 40)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk buttermilk and egg. In a third shallow dish, place cracker crumbs.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture, then dip in buttermilk mixture. Place in cracker crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Fry fish in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley; heat 2 minutes.
- Pour butter sauce over catfish and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 827
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 50g 76 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 89 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 195mg 65 %
- Sodium 1,412mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!