Potato Crusted Fish and Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just wait'll you taste this crispy-crunchy recipe for potato-crusted fish and chips! Our shortcuts will have this British favorite on your table in no time.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (see Note)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What to Do
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, seasoning salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, potato flakes, salt, and remaining pepper. Dip fish in melted butter, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; add fish and fry 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with potato wedges.
For more great recipes using catfish, click here.
- Cod or haddock can be used in place of catfish in this British-inspired dish. Don't forget the malt vinegar for an authentic accompaniment.