Skinny Poached Salmon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eating healthier doesn't have to equal boring! Our Skinny Poached Salmon is cooked in a flavor-locking foil packet, and then drizzled with a Dijon mustard glaze. It's a recipe that'll make your tummy happy, and before you know it...smaller!
What You'll Need:
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 4 slices lemon
- 4 sprigs dill plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
What To Do:
- Place 4 pieces of aluminum foil each about 8 inches long on a flat surface. Place a salmon fillet on each piece of foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a slice of lemon and sprig of dill on top of each fillet. Pour a tablespoon of wine over each fillet, then fold up ends of foil, making sure seams are closed.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot or deep skillet. Over high heat, bring an inch of water to a boil. Carefully place the foil packets in the steamer basket and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, and chopped dill. Open foil packets carefully, remove salmon to a serving platter, and drizzle with glaze; serve immediately.
Want more great recipes to help you stay on track for the new year? Check out our ecookbook, Lighten Up: 20 Tasty & Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!