Summer's Best Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you call it chowder or "chowda", you'll love the fresh taste and the creamy texture of this throw-together one pot.
What You'll Need:
- 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen catfish, thawed if frozen, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
What To Do:
In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except potato flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in potato flakes then simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
For more great recipes using catfish, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!