Crispy Crunchy Fried Catfish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you’re looking for a way to satisfy your appetite for adventure, how about filling up your car and cruising The U.S. Catfish Trail throughout the South? There you can visit some of the best places in the country to get this farm-raised favorite. If you can’t take a road trip, why not try this easy recipe that’s both crowd pleasin’ and lip-smackingly good?
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut in half lengthwise into strips
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk cornmeal, flour, seasoning salt, lemon pepper, and cayenne pepper
- In a large cast iron skillet or large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Dip fish in buttermilk mixture, then in cornmeal mixture, coating evenly on all sides. Cook fish strips a few at a time, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet. This helps keep the fish crispy. Keep warm in a low oven until all catfish is cooked.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!