Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) white-fleshed fish fillets (like cod or haddock)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, shallot, capers, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fish in pan and cook about 4 minutes per side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Spoon lemon juice mixture over fish, sprinkle with chives, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- For a change of pace, we used fresh shallots in the sauce. If you’re not familiar with them, think of shallots as a cross between garlic and onion. If you don’t have any, no problem; a chopped onion will do the trick.
- For more easy fast food fish recipes, check out our Beer Battered Fish Fry (the secret is pancake mix!), or this recipe for Catfish Allison, and for a real treat, you have got to try our 5-Star Fish Fillets!
- Ready for some fast desserts that will wow the crowd and impress the taste buds? Then you have to whip up our Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies, these delectable Fudgie Mini Souffles, if you're treating yourself, you have to try our Chocolate Mug Brownie!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Can't get enough fish recipes? Download our free eCookbook today!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 192
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 56 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 586mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.3g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 0.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!