Peachy Good Catfish Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What happens when you celebrate National Catfish Month along with Peach Month and Sandwich Month? You end up with a recipe that’s so fresh-tasting and summery, it’s hard to believe you can whip it up in minutes. So what are you waiting for? Start your very own celebration today!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 soft hoagie rolls
- 8 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine peach preserves, mayonnaise, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (if desired); mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, the onion powder, and paprika; mix well. Sprinkle catfish fillets evenly on both sides with spice mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Cook fillets 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Spoon peach mixture over catfish and top with crumbled bacon.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?