We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This delicious make-ahead dessert recipe wasn't originally created in Alaska, but it was named after the state. Our recipe for Baked Alaska calls for individual portion sizes, which means you get to eat a whole one yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 6 single-serving graham cracker tart shells
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do:
- Place the tart shells on a cookie sheet and place one scoop of chocolate ice cream into each. Cover and place in the freezer. When the shells are completely frozen, preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the egg whites until foamy and continue beating while adding the sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form, making meringue.
- Remove the ice cream tarts from the freezer and quickly spread the meringue over the ice cream, making sure to cover the ice cream and top edge of crust completely.
- Place back on the cookie sheet and broil for 2 to 4 minutes or until the tops are golden. Remove from the broiler and place on another cookie sheet.
- Cover loosely and freeze for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Chocolate ice cream is super here, but you can certainly feel free to use your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!