Banana Split Bombe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to run down to the ice cream parlor and order up a fruit-filled sundae? Save your energy, 'cause you'll be "bowled over" by the shape this one's in. Our Banana Split Bombe is a fun version of an all-American Classic.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 gallon Neapolitan ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge sauce
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pineapple preserves
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
Divide 3 flavors of ice cream and allow to soften slightly.
Line a 3- to 4-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Spread chocolate ice cream in bottom of bowl. Top with a layer of fudge topping and 1 sliced banana. Spread strawberry ice cream over banana, then top with pineapple preserves and remaining sliced banana. Spread vanilla ice cream over top, then cover and freeze at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and invert onto a serving platter. Remove bowl and plastic wrap, then frost with whipped topping and return to freezer at least 1 hour, until topping has frozen. Serve or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
After slicing, top each serving with a cherry to give it a banana split finishing touch.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.