Black Forest Ice Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's see...chocolate cake, ice cream, hot fudge, whipped topping, and cherries all in one delectable dessert. Yep, we've hit the jackpot with Black Forest Ice Cream Cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (19.6-ounce) frozen chocolate layer cake, cut into 14 even slices (Do not thaw)
- 1 quart black cherry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16-ounce) jar hot fudge sauce, divided, reserving 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino or fresh cherries
What To Do:
- Place half the cake slices in an 8- x 8-inch baking dish, arranging to fit tightly. Spread ice cream evenly over cake. Spoon half the hot fudge sauce over ice cream and top with remaining cake slices. Spoon remaining hot fudge sauce over cake then top with whipped topping.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Warm reserved hot fudge sauce, drizzle over cake, and garnish with cherries.
Frozen chocolate cakes may vary in size, depending upon brand, but they'll all work just fine for this delicious treat.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!