Black Forest Ice Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's see...chocolate cake, ice cream, hot fudge, whipped topping, and cherries all in one delectable dessert. Yep, we've hit the jackpot with Black Forest Ice Cream Cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (19.6-ounce) frozen chocolate layer cake, cut into 14 even slices (Do not thaw)
- 1 quart black cherry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16-ounce) jar hot fudge sauce, divided, reserving 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino or fresh cherries
What To Do:
- Place half the cake slices in an 8- x 8-inch baking dish, arranging to fit tightly. Spread ice cream evenly over cake. Spoon half the hot fudge sauce over ice cream and top with remaining cake slices. Spoon remaining hot fudge sauce over cake then top with whipped topping.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Warm reserved hot fudge sauce, drizzle over cake, and garnish with cherries.
Frozen chocolate cakes may vary in size, depending upon brand, but they'll all work just fine for this delicious treat.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!