Frozen Chocolate Coconut Mounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
Frozen Chocolate Coconut Mounds are homemade ice cream novelties that were inspired by a popular candy, and they're the perfect snack or sweet ending to any meal.
What You'll Need:
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored hard-shell topping
What To Do:
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups and place a chocolate wafer cookie in each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coconut; mix well. Using an ice cream scoop, place a rounded scoop of ice cream mixture into each cup. Top each with chopped almonds and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Drizzle each with hard-shell topping until tops are completely covered. Freeze until chocolate shell is firm. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Another favorite version of this is to mix chopped miniature peanut butter cups with the ice cream then sprinkle with chopped peanuts and top with a chocolate peanut butter-flavored hard-shell topping.
- Looking for make-ahead desserts? Check out this collection!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!