Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't be fooled by the name. Benedict Watermelon is a refreshing watermelon and yogurt salad combo that looks like a classic Eggs Benedict. Maybe serve it on the side for an eye-catching fruit salad to go with any of your breakfast favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/3 cup honey, at room temperature
- 4 (3-inch round and 3/4-inch thick) circles of seedless watermelon
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices of peeled kiwi fruit
- 1 cup low- or non-fat creamy lemon yogurt
- 2 purple grapes, sliced in half and seeded, for garnish
What to Do
- Mix granola with honey by drizzling honey evenly over granola as you stir.
- On a serving plate, make 3-inch circles of granola in even thickness, dividing the granola/honey mixture evenly among the servings. Top each granola circle with a watermelon slice and place a slice of kiwi on each watermelon circle. Spoon yogurt over kiwi and watermelon as though it were hollandaise sauce on Eggs Benedict. Top each Watermelon Benedict with a grape half, skin-side up as a garnish reminiscent of the olive slice traditionally found on Eggs Benedict.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!