Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Microwave Stuffed "Baked" Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let your microwave cut the baking time short for an autumn favorite: Baked apples! Your kitchen will stay cool and, whether you're serving them for a snack or even a novel breakfast idea, these gems will be ready in minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 Red Delicious or McIntosh apples, peeled halfway from top and cored
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola cereal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Place apples in a 1-quart microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, loosening one corner to vent. Microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Combine cereal, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stuff into cored apple cavities, filling to the top. Cover with plastic wrap, loosening one corner to vent. Microwave on high 2 minutes, or until apples are soft. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes before serving then drizzle with honey.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!