Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
The Sunshine Bowl
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
During football season, we hear about all kinds of bowls. Well, I've got an edible bowl that you can serve any time of the year to really score big with the gang!
What You'll Need:
- 2 packages (4 servings each) orange-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1 pound cake (10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 3/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Add the cold water and ice cubes, stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in the orange sections and pineapple chunks, reserving 4 pieces of each for garnish.
- Place the cake cubes in a trifle dish or large glass serving bowl and pour the reserved pineapple juice over the top. Spoon the gelatin mixture over the cake, then chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix, mixing thoroughly for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended. Let stand for a few minutes to thicken, then gently fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spoon over the gelatin mixture and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup whipped topping and the reserved orange and pineapple pieces.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 more hours, or until ready to serve.
Any leftover yellow or white cake (with or without icing) will work in place of the pound cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!
- 50 Easy Apple Recipes
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- Fried Apples
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Farm Stand Fruit Dip
- Waldorf Gelatin
- Watermelon Pie