Refrigerator Layered Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 20 Min
Refrigerated Layered Salad is a super make-ahead salad that holds up well and looks as good as it tastes. With a rainbow of colorful layers and taste bud-pleasing textures, this salad recipe is perfect for entertaining.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, and curry powder; mix well and set aside.
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, radishes, cheese, and bacon bits.
- Spread curry dressing over top; cover and chill overnight, or at least 2 hours, before serving. Toss and serve.
The nice thing about this salad is that it can be made a day ahead of time so there's no last-minute chopping and preparation. Of course, if you want to make it just before serving, you can do that, too. It's just as good that way!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!