Snowman Hot Chocolate
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After Christmas dinner, why not whip up our Snowman Hot Chocolate for a festive treat everyone will love! In a few easy steps the kids and grandkids will have their very own edible snowman basking in a warm, chocolatey-good drink. Whether you make it on Christmas, or anytime during the season, it's sure to bring some holiday cheer to the table.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups warm water
- 8 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 large marshmallows
- 24 pretzel sticks
- 12 cinnamon red hot candies
- Black decorating icing
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Gradually stir in the water and simmer over low heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gradually add half-and-half and vanilla and heat, but do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Meanwhile, assemble marshmallow snowmen by inserting 2 pretzel sticks in one marshmallow for the arms. Then for the head, attach the cinnamon red hot candies to another marshmallow with a bit of the decorating icing, for nose. Use the black decorating icing to create the eyes, mouth and face and buttons. (See photo.)
- Remove hot chocolate from heat and pour in mugs. Float the head up against the edge of the mug and place the “body” of it below the head as shown. Enjoy …before the marshmallows melt.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you love festive Christmas treats, then you'll want to try Frosty the Cheeseball and this amazing Snowman Poop! Remember to change it up with Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples and our decadent Christmas Tree Brownie!
- For more hot chocolate recipes the family is sure to love, try our Caramel Hot Cocoa and you can cool down with our Chilled Hot Chocolate! For a real treat, make sure to check out our Homemade Marshmallows!
- What do you think of our Snowman Hot Chocolate? Let us know in the comments!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For even more fun for the holidays, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 381
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.2g 14 %
- Cholesterol 60mg 20 %
- Sodium 386mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 9 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.