How To Cream Butter and Sugar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to know the secret to a perfectly light and fluffy cake? Well it’s simple, just cream butter and sugar. This most important baking technique allows lots of air bubbles to form in the creaming mixture. As you bake the cake, these air bubbles with cause the recipe to rise and be light in texture. Remember, this is one of the most important mixing methods in the entire recipe, so go ahead and brush up on your technique by watching Howard show you how to cream butter and sugar.
Check out our video and tips on how to cream butter and sugar. It will give your cakes that consistency you're looking for!
- Beat butter on low until creamy. This will take about 30 seconds. Make sure the butter, beater, and mixing bowl are all at room temperature.
- Add sugar and increase beating speed. Make sure to stop and scrap mixture from sides as needed.
- Beat mixure until light and fluffy. This will take a few minutes. You'll know it's done once the mixture has increased in volume, lightened in color, and you can see little air pockets.
Now that you know how to cream butter and sugar, try making one of these cakes from scratch!
This salute to Elvis Presley's favorite food combo, peanut butter and bananas, truly takes the cake! Bake it up any time you want to enjoy a rich-tasting cake that'll make your gang feel like royalty!
Traditional pound cake lovers will love this delicious variation on their old-time favorite. Our Lemon Pound Cake is loaded with citrusy flavor, making it a cake that's full of goodness!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
- How To Make Glaze
- How to Peel an Egg
- How to Decorate Pie Crusts
- How to Carve a Turkey
- How To Make Colored Sugar
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
- How To Peel an Apple
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips