How to: Fry Bacon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever wonder if there was a secret to frying bacon perfectly? Need to know when the bacon is done, or how long to fry it? When to flip the bacon in the meantime? Well, we have the answers right here! Fried bacon is the cornerstone of a hearty breakfast, and a nice treat to include with any meal. Just break out that old skillet or frying pan, and pay attention. We'll teach you how to fry your bacon in a fast and easy way, to guarantee your bacon will be perfectly crispy and delicious everytime!
How To: Fry Bacon
- Place bacon into a cool pan. It's okay if the bacon touches or overlaps a little; the strips will shrink as they cook!
- Cook it low and slow! Turn the heat of your stove on low, and be patient. Perfect bacon takes time!
- When frying bacon, it's a good idea to use a splatter screen, as shown in the video, to prevent any messes in the kitchen or accidents with hot grease.
- Flip your bacon. You'll want to flip your bacon a few times to make sure it's cooking evenly. Repeat till bacon has reached your prefered level of doneness.
- Make sure the bacon is cooked all the way through before serving.
- Don't want your bacon sitting in grease? Or just want to cut down on splatter? Remove the grease from your pan with a basting tool and deposit it into a separate bowl for safe keeping. (Save your bacon drippings in a separate container for cooking in the future!)
- Let the bacon drain on a paper towel. After removing the bacon from your pan, place it on a paper towel covered plate so that the grease can drain.
Now that you've watched our video, we think you'll agree that frying bacon has never been easier! Below, are some tasty bacon recipes that we know you'll love. This way, you can put your bacon frying knowledge to the test. In this case, a "C+" for crispy, is what we're aiming for!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
How To Make Glaze
How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet Plus Cleaning Tips
How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
How to Make Frosting
How to Freeze Berries
How to Dice an Onion
How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
How to Peel an Egg