How to Make Vinaigrette
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why buy vinaigrette when you can make your own quickly and easily? You may never go back to the store-bought stuff once we show you how to make vinaigrette with a easy vinaigrette recipe. The best part about homemade vinaigrettes is that you control what and how much of each ingredient to add. As we show you how to make vinaigrette, you'll see that you can make it however you want! It's totally customizable, yet so quick and easy! So whether you want a simple vinaigrette to top a salad or a fancy steak marinate, we've got you covered with this short how to video! Be sure to check out our easy vinaigrette and salad dressing recipes below.
Check out our video and tips on how to make vinaigrette. Once you learn how easy it is, in no time at all, you'll be sayin', "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!®"
- Select a dressing bottle. This can be anything from a mason jar to plastic container. Just make sure it has a tight fitting lid and is suitable for shaking.
- Add vinegar. Add a 1/3 cup vinegar straight into your dressing bottle. Some commonly used vinegars are apple cider, balsamic, and red wine, but you can use whatever you prefer. You can even substitute fresh squeezed or bottled citrus juice for a different flavor.
- Add oil. Add 1 cup of oil to your dressing bottle. You can use olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Add spices. Add some spices to give your vinaigrette some flavor! Typically we'd make a seasoning blend of pepper, salt, a little sugar (to cut the tartness), onion powder, and garlic powder, but feel free to customize the ingredients! Use fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or dill. There are so many possibilities.
- Shake to mix. Put the top on tightly and shake away. Once the ingredients are well mixed, drizzle your homemade vinaigrette over a nice fresh salad and enjoy!
- Refrigerate. Store any leftovers in the fridge for weeks!
Tip: The ratio of vinegar to oil is 1/3 cup vinegar for every 1 cup of oil. Remember this when making larger recipes!
Click here for our Basic Vinaigrette recipe.
Now that you know how to make vinaigrette, why don't you check out some of our favorite salads? We'll even show you 31 Cheap and Easy Salad Dressing Recipes!
A fresh salad deserves a fresh dressing, and our easy homemade vinaigrette dressing beats bottled by a long shot! Don't settle for any other vinaigrette dressing when this rich one whips up in no time.
Refrigerated Layered Salad is a super make-ahead salad that holds up well and looks as good as it tastes. With a rainbow of colorful layers and taste bud-pleasing textures, this salad recipe is perfect for entertaining.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
How to Poach an Egg
How to: Fry Bacon
How To: Cook Bacon in the Oven
How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
How to Make Frosting
How to Peel an Egg
How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
How to Make Spaghetti Squash
How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips