Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Biscuits with gravy are a staple at most Southern breakfast tables. Just making true Southern country-style gravy and biscuits can take an entire morning...and we don't usually have that time! Y'all are gonna love this shortcut recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7-1/2-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (16-ounce) tube hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and milk; mix well.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve over biscuits and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Make sure to use the hot pork sausage that comes in a tube, not hot Italian pork sausage from the meat case. That'll give you a finer-textured gravy. And, you can make this a complete meal by serving it with fluffy scrambled eggs and hominy grits. Now, that's hearty!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!
- Breakfast in a Mug
- 18 Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day Out Right
- Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Breakfast Cookies
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Sunrise Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Burrito Panini
- Farmer's Breakfast Bake