Hot Tomato Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No true Southern breakfast would be complete without a helping of grits! And with bacon, cheese and tomatoes, you can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Cook bacon in a heavy saucepan until crisp, reserving drippings in pan. Gradually add broth and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir in grits, tomatoes, and chilies; return to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
When recipes call for chopped bacon, try prechopping it (cutting with kitchen shears works well, too) before cooking instead of cooking whole bacon slices. It'll not only reduce cook time, but the bacon will also already be chopped when you're ready for it.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!