Eggnog French Toast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know there's probably a ton of things on your holiday to-do list, so anything you can make-ahead is super helpful. Well, here's an early-Christmas gift from the Test Kitchen! Our sweet and hearty Eggnog French Toast Bake can be prepped the night before, and baked-off the next morning! Everyone can wake up to a heavenly aroma and their favorite holiday flavors for breakfast. But, the best part? You'll have more time to make memories with the family!
What You'll Need
- 1 French bread, cut into 9 (1-inch-thick) slices
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and place bread slices in it in a single layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggnog, vanilla, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Serving Suggestion: We can’t think of a better Christmas morning breakfast than this. So to make sure that it’s holiday special, top each portion with a dollop of whipped cream, drizzle with maple syrup, and finish it off with some chopped pecans. It’s Ho-Ho-Ho delicious.
- We've got a French toast bake for every occasion! For an any-time favorite, try our All-in-One French Toast Bake, and for something a little more decadent, that's perfect for any Elvis fan, try our Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Bake!
- For more all-in-one any-time favorites the whole family will love, whip up our oh-so-good All-in-One Sheet Pan Eggs or, for more of a classic taste, try this Amish Breakfast Casserole! But, if you want to really impress the guests, you have to make our Cherry Bubble Breakfast Bake for something extra sweet. We guarantee they're gonna love it!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Let us help make your holiday menu extra-special this year!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 322
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 184mg 61 %
- Sodium 595mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.