Apple Cheese Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A is for Apple: Apples are available year-round but are at their peak September through November. They come in red, yellow, or green and vary in taste from tart to sweet. The most common apples to use for cooking are Braeburn, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Rome, Beauty and York.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza bread shell
- Nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Meanwhile, place bread shell on a baking sheet; coat shell with cooking spray. Arrange apple mixture over shell. Sprinkle with cheese, walnuts, and Streusel.
- Bake 9 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To make Streusel, combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. (Makes 1-1/2 cups.)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!